Sunday 23 January 2011

Trish A. (1964-2009)

God in my living
There in my breathing
God in my waking
God in my sleeping
God in my resting

There in my working
God in my thinking
God in my speaking

Be my everything
Be my everything
Be my everything
Be my everything

God in my hoping
There in my dreaming

God in my watching
God in my waiting

God in my laughing
There in my weeping
God in my hurting
God in my healing

~Tim Hughes, Everything~

There wasn’t a single dry eye when the above song accompanied a visual presentation for Trish’s memorial. Babe was inconsolable when the first visual was of him as a 5 year old with his new baby sister. It was soo heartbreaking. Then another photograph of Babe giving away Trish on her wedding day.

For me, whenever Bryan Adam’s on air, my memories of Trish will come flooding in. We went to see him together in 2009, I think. We’d such fun bopping and singing our hearts out. I will always treasure that wonderful time we’d and thank you for being a very wonderful sister-in-law.

The tiny church was full with friends, family members, neighbours and her colleagues. Tributes, hymns, songs and prayers echoed through out the memorial celebration. It was short, deep and meaningful. We said hello to family members and gave  bear hugs to Phillip, Shawny, Elly Jelly Belly, My Little Man and Holly Ball. We didn’t stay long because we’ve a long drive home. But we will always be in touch.

For Trish, R.I.P and Al-Fatehah from both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment