Sunday 16 January 2011

Dear Tooth Fairy

In this pocket you will find
A teensy, tiny tooth of mine.
So while I sleep where
dreams are made,
Let's see if you
can make a trade.
In this pocket I will lay,
the little tooth I lost today.
Please, dear fairy,
tonight as I sleep
leave me a coin.
My tooth you can keep.

-~Author Unknown~

Hmm…I wonder how much the tooth fairy’s going to leave under my pillow? And my tooth’s not tiny. The very nice Polish dentist took it out last Friday. An experience that I’m not keen to repeat any time soon. The bleeding has finally stopped but it was still very sore and swollen. I’m not a happy bunny at the moment.

The weekend weather too reflected my lousy mood. There was another grey start to the day when I got up this morning. The wind was still blowing roughly. I could hear the wind chimes rattling at full speed. And it was freezing again but at least it wasn’t raining. It was definitely a day for staying indoors, the curtains closed against the gloom outside with the heating on. Apart from the visits from my feathered friends, the garden was still hibernating as the weather prevents any gardening activities, which in turn urging me to seek refuge indoors.

But we still need to get the weekly shopping done. We went out before the football traffic descends around our casa. The Sky Blues were playing against Sheffield United. First we checked out Tesco at Walsgrave not the one  near us. I bought a lovely Biba-influenced tunic which would go well with a pair of black pants. Then a quick browse at Aldi before queuing for petrol at Asda. There was soo many cars that we changed our mind and went to Morrison. The cost of petrol here was £1.26 a litre and it was shooting up and up. It was going to be very expensive to fill up the car.

Last week, the traffic had been horrendous on the way to work. I know the students were back but it wasn’t this bad before. We left the casa earlier and earlier and still arrived just on time. We lived less than 10km away…At times like this, I wish I have wings :-). Babe took this lovely photograph of the Greylags flying away to roost at Brandon Marsh.Brandon Marsh D300s  11-01-2011 14-58-45

No comments:

Post a Comment